J Taylor Education, Inc collects limited information from its users that register for an online product, set up an account on www.jtayloreducation.com, or us that site. We use the collected information to improve and provide more information related to our products. We never sell information to third parties.
The Information We Collect
In providing access to our online Products or when users set up an account on our main website, www.jtayloreducation.com, J Taylor Education, Inc. collects:
- Information submitted by a school educator about themselves, including first and last name, email address, username and password, and district/school affiliation.
- Student personal information is not collected. Students instead log into and access software with one common username and password that is assigned by a school educator (this only applies to online software sites).
How We Use the Information We Collect
- In addition to the uses described above, and subject to any restrictions imposed by applicable law or our agreement with our customer, we may use the information we collect:
- To diagnose problems, troubleshoot issues, and provide maintenance and support.
- To personalize user experience, such as displaying the user name on the dashboard.
- To provide our school and school district customers, as well as their administrators and teachers with reports indicating amount of time their district community is using the software.
- To communicate with administrators, teachers, and our school district customer communities, including and parents or guardians, subject to any communications preferences they express.
- To ensure that our Products run properly and are presented optimally on all devices and operating systems being used, or for Product improvement.
- J Taylor Education, Inc. is not able to and does not store history of how educators and students use online software during their logged-in sessions. Session data, with the exception of duration of session and device IP address, is not saved and cannot be accessed.
We may use and disclose non-personal information collected from the users of our Products for any reason, subject to any restrictions imposed by applicable law or our agreement with our customer. We do not, however, disclose any personal information about the users of our Products to any third party, except:
- As directed by our school district customer to which the information relates.
- To our third party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting and customer service, to permit them to provide those services to us.
- To the extent we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with legal process or to respond to requests from government authorities.
- To the extent we believe necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, our customers, our users or others.
Third Party Services
We seek to use reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss, or modification.
Personal Information Retention
Questions or concerns regarding data collection or privacy practices for our products or sites can be directed to our customer service email: [email protected]